|
Archives Mar 3, 2011 Mar 6, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 Mar 8, 2011 Mar 14, 2011 Mar 21, 2011 Mar 27, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 Apr 14, 2011 Apr 18, 2011 |
Monday, April 18, 2011 I will be extracting certain passages and verses from the Passion of Jesus Christ, the Gospel last Sunday 17th April 2011 and elaborating it further.It's going to be a long post, I think but if it is please bear with me as Holy Week is upon us. Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ + “What are you willing to give me Judas Iscariot sold his master, Jesus Christ for ONLY 30 pieces of silver. Before you start being in disgust over this act, maybe saying "I will never do that to God" or something similar, we all have sold Jesus for something thing else in one way or another. How many times have we chosen to skip mass and spending time with God to be with our friends?Boyfriend?Girlfriend?Cause we're tired?lazy?Homework?Test?Exam? Often we choose the 3 P's as Bishop would put it that is Power,Popularity and Pleasure. We exchange Jesus for something else, temporal pleasure instead of eternal salvation. Again we keep saying to ourself that we always put God ahead of anything else? Stop lying cause even Jesus knows we had and will continue to pick other things over Him. And while they were eating, He said, We go to mass every week or so I hope but we really must ask ourselves is it because we want to?Because we want to spend time with God?Cause we want to receive the Eucharist?Because we want to be at peace with God? Or is it because our parents told us to?Because it is a obligation?Because we want to see our friends? It's clearly stated that Jesus said it would be better if that person who did not follow God to be never born? We can keep saying "We will never leave you, we will never stop loving you!" Jesus reply? "You have said so" or in other words "We'll see" Then Jesus said to them, It's always like that right? When everything seems to be going fine in life it's soo easy to say "I will trust in God forever!" but....that is not the case when the problems in many forms start to come into our life and then we question God. You know, God knows we are going to struggle in life and there will be times when we question God, when we get angry at God. But God wants us to know that it's fine. His not going to strike lightning onto you. Why? Very often we usually come back to Him full of remorse, full of regrets this happens sometimes even before our problems is solve so to speak..because very often when our problems, sadness, anger,loneliness is it's peak and no one and I seriously mean NO ONE , we get down on our knees, we start to cry and say something like " God I need you, be with me please...I can't take this anymore..." and do you think God is gonna laugh with Jesus at you? No. He loves us yesterday,today and tomorrow even if we don't. Then Jesus came with them to a place called This passage stresses the importance of prayer is for Jesus, the Son of God so by right isn't this even more important to us? Even when face with DEATH he wanted the will of God to be fulfilled rather His own. Do you think Jesus wanted to be crucified? No. He prayed and prayed and prayed because He needed the Father's strength and love to go through this. Same thing with us we need to break this stereotype behavior of ours which is pray when everything is fine and complain when things are not. Yes it is human nature to react in such way but we need to continue praying whether it is during the good times or bad times so when the bad time do come our foundation is strong, our faith won't be as shaken, the PEACE and LOVE of God will be instill in you. But many times we fail to do this. Even staying attentive in mass is hard for us. Is it so hard to spend 5 - 10 minutes a day reading scripture, praying and so on? Even a short sincere 1 minute prayer will do for God because there comes a time I believe in everyone's life that we want not 1 minute with God, we want to be with God until the storms of life settle. We want to take refuge in Him. Basically we just want to hide behind Jesus' back and wait for Him to do a miracle. We realize how irreplaceable, how valuable that quality bonding between you and God really is. I tell you honestly, listening to the homily is one of the hardest thing for me in mass whether I'm serving or not but I really do try my best and when I'm going through a dilemma, I swear I try to hear every single word in the hope that it is the answer to my prayer, to my problems. Nevertheless if it isn't I always find sooner or later that homily I listened to will come in handy in the future,trust me on this one. Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard. Again how many times have we denied Jesus in front of our friends and so on? You know how people knew Peter was one of Jesus' followers? His accent! As simple as that. He was from Then Judas, his betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, After we do something sinful or bad, we usually regret and we feel distant from God. Why? Sin is a barrier between you and God. So basically the more sins we commit the more distant we are from God. God never moves, it is us who move. So it is solely our fault why we are so distant from God. In the Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ we can contrast between two characters Judas Iscariot and Peter. Both betrayed Jesus but..they have two different conversion. Judas felt guilty and hanged himself, he did not feel like God could forgive him for what he have done but in truth God could have whereas Peter also betrayed Jesus but he did not hang himself, he felt guilty but he knew God still love him, God could and will forgive him if he asked which he did later on when Jesus appeared after His resurrection. Instead of doing nothing we should run back to God as soon as possible. How? Through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. God doesn't want us to hang ourself so to speak instead he wants repentance. I will stop for now,will continue either later or tomorrow. Few more passages to cover not much left. Rated R Loser at 5:23 AM
|